Sunday, July 23, 2017

Screw in Mazda CX5 Tire -- Prevented flat far from home. Removal and fixing steps.

I recently heard a characteristic clicking from my left rear tire, and pulled over to find an embedded construction screw and attached washer. The Mazda CX5 has large rims with expensive Toyo tires that are hard to get a hold of at a reasonable price in this country. Fortunately, the instructions below worked for me using the tire fix kit that I picked up from Harbor Freight.

(1) Don't pull out the object if it is preventing a flat tire (my case)
(2) Carry a flat tire repair kit including a rubber plug and needle tool.
(3) Rubber cement was optional for me. I did need to ream the smaller hole to make room for the needle and plug.


Source: https://www.amazon.com/Victor-22-5-00106-8-Heavy-Tubeless-Repair/dp/B000AMOEGY

No comments:

Post a Comment