Friday, May 4, 2018

Local Rides - Santa Clara Valley

It has taken me a long time to find solid race-rides in the Silicon Valley -- not sure why. Probably just more people, more commotion, and more to do than humble Davis.

Of the rides listed on the site below, I've personally only ridden the Spectrum on Saturday from 9AM because it is so convenient. I want to start the "Morning Ride" and possibly some "Lunch Rides" also.

https://www.altovelo.org/page/show/765621-rides

Previously in Davis, I enjoyed this Tuesday/Thursday Race ride from Mondavi. The action could get intense, but always enjoyable, especially the windy shaded roads of Vacaville on the way back home.

https://dbcraceteam.org/local-rides/tuesdaythursday-race-rides/

We recently returned to Davis for the Annual Picnic Day, and boy has the town grown! The event was really spread out this year and oversold in a lot of the venues. Perhaps that is just a side effect of the event's success. I think they need to rethink how they run the event in the future as the size and breadth of events seems unsustainable. Perhaps it has always been this way, but I really noticed it this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment