Tuesday, October 1, 2024

Hobie 20 Trampoline "Buttons" - Where to Find

Jasmine is getting a much needed refit after her adventures at this year's Hog Island Race. I was curious to see that an entrepreneur had taken the initiative to make replacement "buttons" for the tramp-lacing. It looks like this company below is out of Switzerland and even has a Stainless steel "beefy" version! 

https://www.h2o-sensations.com/en/beams-accessories/1097-lacing-buttons-stainless-steel-121845mm-8215000869287.html


In other news, Jasmine's covers roughly fit and serve the purpose as towable trailer "yard" covers. I may need to modify these as I transition Jasmine to beach wheels for full beach launch capability.


Here is where I found my "trolly", a version of the "Cat Trax" called "Euro Trax".

https://www.cadkat.com/EUROTRAX_launching_trolley_for_catamarans.html

Quality appears good, very well though out for assembly, with long rolling delin bearings on an aluminium pole/shaft. Cradles somewhat customisable to different beach cats.


Jasmine with her new duds

Now I revisit how to rig a spinnaker pole as my last pole bracket (a Mac Monitor bracket repurposed) succomed to my initially poor design. My new design is to take a WindSurfer mast and to attach this clevis to the cross bar with a single M8 bolt (tapped the cross bar to accept). Next I need to fix pole rotation which I believe can be done with rigging to the tangs -- this system has yet to be tested!

Galvanic Corrosion of jib car track:

I need to locate a new track supplier - haven't had luck yet. For now, I'll simply slide the Jib slug fore of this corroded area:

Galvanic Corrosion - SUS to Aluminum with significant material loss

On the Porsche 924s:

I changed the oil on Big Red (Porsche 924s) and it came out a red colour -- this appears to be the effect of not driving her for a while in the last 1-2 years and the oil not getting a chance to pick up combustion products/soot which would blacken the synthetic oil. Also the fact that the oil was Mobil Synthetic, Costco special.


On Richmond Beer Cans:

I started to join in 1-2 beer can races despite the traffic up from S. Bay (which is a deal breaker moving forward unless I'm already in N. Bay). These are great tune-up sessions with a simple course out to South Hampton Shoal. Incidentally, the light house taken from South Hampton Shoal is here:

A beautiful St Francis YC asset! Who knew?


Richmond YC Wednesday night beer cans



No comments:

Post a Comment