Thursday, July 28, 2011

Forgot to reconnect air flow sensor -- running better now

I discovered last night after the last post that I hadn't correctly reinserted the air flow sensor when reinstalling the air box.  I took the car for its first drive after the new timing belt -- result:  very nice!  It felt smoother and tighter with no startup difficulty like before.  The old timing belt seemed to be causing some problems until the engine heated up.  Now I have one remaining issue -- RPM dependent belt noise, but I suspect that this is coming from my new alternator or power steering belts.  Today I'll pull off the oil drip pan and do some adjustment of the two accessory belts.  I don't intend to do any adjustment to the timing belts until the 1000 mile check up in a month or two.  Basically, I am very grateful to the following sources for providing invaluable information to me during the install process:

Mr. Van Svenson
Clark's Garage Website

http://www.clarks-garage.com/

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad the new timing belt is working better than the old one, and that things are smoother even when the engine isn't so warm.

    How did adjusting the accessory belts go? Hope the car's driving well...

    ReplyDelete