Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Timing belt postponed, working on Cruise Control

I know it's not good to divert attention away from a crucial issue, but I really want cruise control.  Today I visited Pick-and-Pull (7600 Stockton in Sac) to pull a servo and control unit from an 85 944.

The cruise control system appears pretty straight forward, but like the sunroof, I've heard complaints about it.  That makes me think:  When do you ever hear good news about a design?  When you hear nothing at all!  How often do you hear people raving:  "What a fantastic design this Bicycle!"

Cruise Control Parts:
Servo Motor (check)
Control Unit (check)
Clutch Switch (Forgot this initially)
Turn-signal switch (I need a black one, but brown can work...)
Cable with attachment hardware (check)

No comments:

Post a Comment