Monday, October 24, 2011

Heightened Security, New Bike

New Bike with 4 new locks attached (for a total of 5)  Can you spot them all?

All of this focus on locks took my attention to what I was locking the bike to...

Upon closer inspection, the entire bar could be removed by using a simple "monkey wrench" or socket set!!



So the saga of measures and countermeasures continue. I think that with enough locks, I can deter theft, but the weakest link is really my complacency as I've now learned time and again. What is the balance that will allow me to keep my possessions from being taken?

3 comments:

  1. Hey, that bike looks familiar! Good choice. The open road is yours once again. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm loving the Specialized. It is a 58cm frame which feels better (I'm sorry to say) than my old bike which was 55cm. Its light, fast and I'm riding all right on it. Do you ride a Specialized bike as well?

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have the same bike and color -Specialized Elite. Mime is a few years older. Leaving for Vienna Monday, then catching a cruise ship to Rio.

    ReplyDelete