Friday, October 21, 2011

Theft in Edinburgh

An unfortunate part of being a tourist destination is that many people (like myself apparently) come unprepared for theft.  My bicycle was stolen from the foyer area of the apartment where I am currently staying, and I had carelessly left it unlocked to the bannister of the stairs in front of the apartment itself. (Bonnington Mills near Leith)  The outer door to the foyer was left unlocked... I came home last night at about 1am to find a helmet in the parking lot.  I didn't recognize it as my helmet immediately, but upon entering foyer, I noticed my bike was gone like being hit by a ton of medieval stone.  My bike shoes and pump were there, and they looked quite bare and useless without their complement, my Rocky Mountain Solo 30 road bike.  (See picture below)  Please contact me via the phone number below if you see this bike whizzing around the area.  I fear that chances for recovery are low, but it is a rare bicycle for this area, and should stand out.  (Rocky Mountain typically makes mountain bikes, and road bikes are not common for them to begin with...)

Call with any information regarding this theft:  0131 531 0459


Solo 30, a great road bike lost to theft in Edinburgh

3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your loss. Having been raised in NYC,I learned to never drop your guard. Complacency is such a sucker punch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dude, yes it's a shock, but an important lesson also. How is cycling in Oakland?

    Have you been out on Pegassus lately? Been back on Axyzzi? Other multi-hull adventures?

    -Eric

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny you should ask about Pegasus, I'm working the whole week-end with them. We took a J-24 out last Sat and saw Fred out there. Three of us ducked below as he sailed by. BTW, I bought a full body 3/2 wetsuit. I think it was an impulse buy. Why would I need one now? Applied for my Brazilian visa last week. Can't wait to leave "this" all behind... Looks like you're having a gr8 time. I'm so happy for you.

    ReplyDelete