Saturday, August 5, 2017

Garage Wall Corner Bumpers (Cardboard has great spring-back!)

Inspired by the Cardboard Cathedral by Shigeru Ban and reluctant to throw anything away, I embarked on a quick wall corner bumper project using waste cardboard. See the details below.

 I took some cardboard pieces my new Kenmore Washer and Dryer and applied these to cover the corners of my garage wall. This is just a short-term concept, but they turned out rather well. I decided to paint them for a little panache.


Corner Covers. One in place on the right size before painting.
They can be easily tacked in place with 2-4 long brads into the wall-board.

Originally from a washer and dryer box, these cardboard end pieces have considerable spring back.
Painted with interior latex paint to set off the white walls. Still experimenting.

No comments:

Post a Comment